Monday, April 30, 2007

Dia de Mia vol.1 no.9: Verbalizinating!

Happy Sunday family and friends,This week Mia turns 9 weeks old. She had her 2 month immunizations last Thursday and the doctor told us that she is growing quite nicely. She now weighs 10 lbs. and is 22 1/2 in. long. You go girl!!! We had a very busy week with friends coming and going and Mia proved yet again to be a social butterfly all-star. She is cooing back and forth with mommy and daddy and recently she started repeating sounds out loud just to hear herself speak (ga ga ga ga) even when we're not looking directly at her! Brad swears he heard her say DAD today and I have to admit... it was very close (a DAAA). I'm sure it's only a matter of time. (Note from Dad: It sure as heck was a "Dad" -- if anything, there was an extra "g" sound in there, so maybe she was saying "God". No really, I'm not so delusional to think she's already calling for me, or God, but "Dad" is my story and I'm sticking to it!). Mia had her first long-awaited meeting with the super cute Owen Grady Fawcett, Allen and Elaine's 8 month old and potential future boyfriend. They seemed to get along great (see picture) although Mia slept for most of the visit. We are looking forward to watching their friendship grow over the years. This week we hope to see even more great changes. We start the changing of the guard next weekend from Mommy to Daddy. Mommy isn't happy to go back to work (boo hoo) but Daddy sure is psyched about about getting some special bonding time (and a break from his work). Mia will certainly enjoy getting extra special time with her daddy.

Have a great week!

PS- Mia is finally beginning to take notice of Cleo and Ulla :)


1. Marlo's mini-me

2. Sweet child of mine

3. Grasping a rattle

4. First faux hawk hair do

5. First meeting of Owen and Mia

6. Hey, I think we'll be friends with Marlo and Allen

7. This is a lovely couch

8. Mia and Daddy

9. Look, I'm sitting!!! (kind of)

10. Batting at my crib toy


No comments: